ITI West Midlands Group Privacy
The ITI West Midlands Group
(WMG) is committed to protecting your personal information. We are a data
controller. This means we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use
personal information about you. This notice explains to you what decisions we
have taken in relation to that information.
We may change this
privacy notice from time to time to reflect changes in the law and/or our
privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes whenever
you visit our website www.iti-wmg.org.uk.
What is our legal basis for processing your personal information?
We process limited personal information and no sensitive personal information. Our interests are those of our members and participants. There is little or no risk to privacy. We therefore use legitimate interest as the legal basis for most information processing. However, we always ask for explicit written consent before publishing personal information in print or on the internet, and consent is the legal basis in these cases.
What personal information about you do we use?
We only collect and use personal information that we need for operating the ITI West Midlands Group. This includes:
● personal and contact details, such as title, full name, email address, telephone numbers
● professional status details, such as ITI membership status, working languages, areas of specialism
● photographs (not usually considered personal information by themselves, but we may use them together with other information, e.g. a member’s name)
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
● to process your membership application
● to contact you about WMG events and activities
● for the planning and delivery of events and activities
● to enable the efficient operation of the WMG
● to promote our members’ professional interests
● to exercise our legal and regulatory obligations
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information from the following sources:
● from you directly
● information generated by your activity in WMG, such as events attended
● history of financial transactions
When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
We may share information with the following third parties:
● financial institutions (e.g. information about executive members as required for operation of bank accounts)
● event and activity providers
● social media (closed groups only)
● industry press (e.g. event reports in the ITI Bulletin)
● public internet (if you ask us to do so, we may post your information on our website and Twitter feed)
For how long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information based on the following criteria:
● for as long as you are a member of the WMG
● until the event or scheme you participated in has finished
● in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance
What should you do if your personal information changes?
You should tell us by contacting the membership secretary so that we can update our records. Our membership secretary is Liz Smith. You can contact her at email@example.com.
What are your rights?
You can ask to see the personal information we hold about you, and ask for it to be corrected or removed. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or want to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, you can contact our data protection manager. Our data protection manager is Nick Crosby. You can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe our processing of your personal information is not in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).